Wednesday, February 15, 2012

Dog Bed 18

This dog bed went to a very special rescue dog named Tony.  Unfortunately, I've never met Tony, but I feel as if I know him, because I have heard so very much about him.  Tony was rescued by my friend, Carolyn, who is a fellow volunteer at our Humane Society's spay/neuter clinic, the Happy Paws Clinic, where I get to help out every week.  Not only do we get to help curtail the overpopulation of cats and dogs in our community - and I get to hang out with some mostly cute and often handsome dogs for a few hours! - but it's a GREAT group of volunteers and we always have a good time together.  It's my favorite time of the week.

Carolyn lost her old dog, a St. Bernard named Claudia, for whom she had been providing what can only be described as hospice care, for several months at her home, in December of 2011.  As this happened very shortly after my own dog Jesse died, it was only too easy for me to empathize with her loss, and I was so happy for her when she announced in late January 2012, that she had adopted Tony.

Tony is a young black and white standard poodle.  I've seen lots of pictures of him, though regrettably I don't have one to share, and he's a very handsome fellow, who I KNOW is the very spoiled Alfa male of his and Carolyn's home.


No comments: