Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Just Strips

This is a so-called "Jelly-Roll Race" quilt.  However, it wasn't made from a Jelly Roll, rather I cut the strips myself from a bunch of fabric I had bought.  I meant to buy fat quarters of this line of fabric I really liked, but instead bought quarter yards.  Thus I had ended up with a bunch of really skinny strips and didn't really know how to use them until my quilt group decided to do this Jelly Roll quilt.  It was a perfect bunch of fabric to cut 2 1/2" strips from, and so I did.  I also didn't really race to complete the quilt, but it certainly didn't take long.  I later found another print from a different line, to make a border and that was it.  

A very easy quilt to make which requires no hard thinking, and I like the way it turned out.  

 As always, it was quilted by Regina Carter, and it hung out at my house for a while, until I drew my brother-in-law's name for Christmas and decided it would make a perfect gift for him.  Here's a picture of the two of us holding the quilt after he had just received it.  Our great niece, Grace, who is always a big helper in disctributing presents and opening them, on Christmas, is also in the picture.

1 comment:

Danice G said...

Beautiful. I love strip quilts.