As I was continually making quilts for her children, I thought it about time to make one for Vibeke as well. She and her husband are agronomers so the fruit and veggie fabrics left over from a previous quilt seemed like a good fit. I also used batiks and stacked and wacked them. I hand pieced most of the blocks, not a good idea with batiks, so it was slow going. It was machine quilted by Regina Carter. I put a few of the blocks on the back because I wanted to experiment with a couple of other things and had to add some batik zebras which are not really visible in this picture.
Unfortunately, I didn't realize until I had already given it to her that the quilt was actually not big enough to serve the purpose I had imagined. So I will have to make her another one before too long.