Friday, December 15, 1995

Trip Around the World


In early 1995, I had a serious health problem necessitating brain surgery and two weeks in the hospital. When I got home, needless to say I had very little energy and little or no creative brain power. Fortunately, I had designed this quilt and cut the fabrics for it before I got sick. I seriously doubt I would have been able to do it after the surgery - at least not for many months. But I spent much of my time at home recuperating hand piecing - square by square - and subsequently hand quilting this quilt. I used the quilt for a several years on our guest bed, but then gave it to Pat and Maggie when they got married in 1999. They had both told me how much they liked it, so I decided it would be OK to give it to them, even though it was used.

No comments: